2023 Scholarships Program – Applications extended to November
The Australian Health Promotion Association (WA Branch) is now taking applications for the 2023 Scholarships Program. The Scholarships Program is funded by Healthway and offers five six-month workplace scholarships starting in February 2023 under the following categories:
- Two graduate scholarships;
- One Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander scholarship;
- One regional scholarship (graduate and/or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) and;
- One scholarship of any category
Please read the eligibility criteria, recipient and agency responsibilities, and processes outlined in the 2023 Handbook and the 2023 Project Proposal and 2023 Application Form.
Get in contact with the Scholarships Coordinator, Myra, on email@example.com to discuss project ideas and eligibility.
Need help with your application? The AHPA (WA Branch) Scholarships Coordinator can assist by:
- confirming that your application and project meet the eligibility criteria;
- matching an applicant with a host agency;
- matching a host agency with a scholarship applicant.
Applicants must meet ONE of the following requirements:
- Undergraduate or postgraduate student in the final year of a health promotion, health science, preventative health or public health degree at a Western Australian university;
- Completed a tertiary qualification in health promotion, health science, preventative health or public health (e.g. undergraduate or postgraduate degree) at a Western Australian university within the past 12 months; OR
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person wishing to progress into a career in health promotion who either has work or volunteer experience and/or TAFE/University qualifications in Aboriginal health, nursing, youth work, teaching or other related fields.
For all enquiries, please contact the Scholarships Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are due 5pm Friday 18 November 2022