Applications for the 2022 Scholarships Program are now open
The Australian Health Promotion Association (WA Branch) is pleased to announce the Scholarships Program for 2022 is now open for applications. The Scholarships Program is funded by Healthway and offers four six-month workplace scholarships starting in February 2021 under the following categories:
- One graduate scholarship;
- One or two Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander scholarships;
- One regional scholarship (graduate and/or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) and;
- One scholarship of any category
Begin by familiarising yourself with the eligibility criteria, recipient and agency responsibilities, and processes outlined in the 2022 Handbook
Get in contact with the Scholarships Coordinator, Myra, on email@example.com to discuss project suitability and applicant eligibility.
Need help with your application? The AHPA (WA Branch) Scholarships Coordinator can assist by:
- confirming that your application and project meet the eligibility criteria;
- matching an applicant with a host agency;
- matching a host agency with a scholarship applicant.
Applicants must meet ONE of the following requirements:
- Undergraduate or postgraduate student in the final year of a health promotion, health science, preventative health or public health degree at a Western Australian university;
- Completed a tertiary qualification in health promotion, health science, preventative health or public health (e.g. undergraduate or postgraduate degree) at a Western Australian university within the past 12 months; OR
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person wishing to progress into a career in health promotion who either has work or volunteer experience and/or TAFE/University qualifications in Aboriginal health, nursing, youth work, teaching or other related fields.
For all enquiries, please contact the Scholarships Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org